Procurement to Pay Analyst - Financial Affairs
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 9588
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more https://www.utsa.edu/, on https://www.utsa.edu/today/ or on https://twitter.com/utsa, https://www.facebook.com/utsa, https://www.youtube.com/user/utsa#0563c1;%20text-decoration:underline%22%20target=%22_blank or https://www.linkedin.com/school/the-university-of-texas-at-san-antonio/.
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 03/26/2023. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary Range: Up to $64,624 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
• Resume is required.
• Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To provide functional and technical expertise and support for procurement-to-payment and travel & expense modules of the ERP system.
Scope: Responsible for implementation, monitoring, maintenance and support of procurement-to-payment, travel & expense systems, and associated business processes.
• Participate in testing, process validation, and serve on teams responsible for bundles, upgrades, and enhancements to ERP system.
• Main functional processor for monthly document maintenance to accounts payable, travel, and expense documents in workflow, and annual purchased order rolls.
• Ensures that purchase orders are synchronized with procurement system purchase orders by maintains open, closing, and adjustments in purchase module. Collaborates on solving synchronization issues with Purchasing Department.
• Develop and maintain issues lists, action items, project statuses, business process flow diagrams, testing plans associated with assigned Disbursement & Travel Services and Purchasing & Distributions Services departmental system projects; ensure reported operational system/process incidents/issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner.
• Performs routine maintenance and proactive testing tasks related to procure-to-pay and travel & expense business processes conducted within the systems.
• Create and modify custom queries utilizing PeopleSoft Query or other reporting tools in collaboration with departmental staff.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and end-users in understanding and developing requirements, analyzing solutions, developing business cases, and recommendations to support future requirements, testing, and implementing. Work with assigned individuals in Purchasing and Distributions Service, Disbursement & Travel Services, UT Shared Information Services, and Business Information Services on above matters.
• Train back-office staff in the usage of the modules when business process change occur. Support internal teams and task forces, providing functional expertise and guidance on procure to pay and travel & expense systems and business processes as required.
• Assist subject matter experts with the development of training and documentation as a system and business process resource.
• Acquire, refine, and document various related metrics, data sources, definitions, and usage information as required to support the informational and communication needs for the Purchasing and Distribution Services and Disbursements & Travel Services departments.
• Uploads various data files such as XML or other data files to the system as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and three years of accounting, financial or budget experience performing tasks related to procurement and accounts payable. A Master's degree may substitute for 2 years of experience.
• Three or more years of procurement and/or accounts payable experience working with an ERP system.
• Excellent organizations skills in identifying and prioritizing work activities and handling multiple assignments of various durations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work within a team-oriented environment.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills to deliver high quality work.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Criminal Background Check (CBC)
• Demonstrated experience preparing, analyzing and interpreting strategic procurement, and/or vendor and accounts payable reports.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft office and standard office equipment.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
• Master's degree from an accredited institution
• Demonstrated knowledge or experience performing year-end processes.
• Experience working as an analyst in higher education; experience working with PeopleSoft Financials and/or Jaggaer.
• Normal office environment.
• May work evenings and weekends
This position will be Hybrid-Occasionally: Primarily works remotely, but may work on campus on an infrequent basis (approximately four days or less per month). Travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.
• UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
• This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
• Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/3943434
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
For more information or to apply online:https://apptrkr.com/3943434